Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
First Parish Bridgewater is looking for a Director of Religious Education. Please take a look here (http://www.firstparishbridgewater.org/dre-employment-opportunity) for more details!
First Parish Bridgewater, is seeking a part-time (approx. 15 hours/week) Director of Religious Education (DRE). The qualifying candidate will be a well-organized, enthusiastic, caring, and innovative person, excited to work collaboratively with our new minister and the RE Committee to continue and develop our dynamic Religious Education program and to think creatively about its future.
Our program provides 30+ children and youth with opportunities to...
- develop a sense of wonder about the world
- explore a wide variety of religious and cultural traditions
- express their thoughts and feelings
- make and display their own creative work
- learn to make responsible, healthy choices
- form lasting friendships with one another
- achieve a sense of group identity and pride in being a UU
- stay involved with our church community through high school and beyond
DRE Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, liberal religion and Unitarian Universalism
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with technology including social media
- Highly organized and self-directive
- Effective time management
- Energetic, flexible and approachable
- Creative and innovative thinker
First Parish Bridgewater is an active, multi-generational congregation. We believe that “Love is the spirit of this church, and service is its gift. This is our great covenant: to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love, and to help one another.” We have just settled a minister, Rev. Paul Sprecher, and are very excited about our vibrant future.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
I'll be more likely to accept the morality of the death penalty when Texas executes a corporation. http://www.juancole.com/2014/05/penalty-states-infographic.html